Dept. of Applied Mechanics, IIT Madras
Present Position: Since 2009
- CFD, Turbulence modeling, LES and their applications
Areas of Specialization
- Turbulent flows and modelling
- Bluff body Aerodynamics
- M.B.Shyam Kumar and S.Vengadesan, ‘Influence of rounded corners on flow interference due to square cylinders using immersed boundary method’, ASME Jl. of Fluids Engineering, accepted, June, 2012.
- J. Poornima and S.Vengadesan, ‘Numerical simulation of a bubble transport in a bifurcating channel – a preliminary study’, ASME J. of Biomechanical Engineering, accepted, June, 2012.
- S. Kalyana Raman, K. Arul Prakash and S.Vengadesan, ‘Influence of rounded corners on flow interference due to square cylinders using immersed boundary method’, Numerical Heat Transfer – Part A, accepted, June, 2012.
- Y.Sudhakar and S.Vengadesan, ‘Vortex Shedding Characteristics of a cicular cylinder with an oscillating splitter plate’, Computers and Fluids, Vol. 53, pp. 40 – 52, 2012.
- Engineering Mechanics
- Foundations of Fluid Mechanics
- Introduction to CFD
- Turbulence Modelling
- Computational Techniques in Applied Mechanics
- Computational Laboratory
- Applied Mechanics Laboratory
- Wind Tunnel and Numerical Experiments Laboratory
FMB 204, Fluid Mechanics Lab,
IIT Madras, Chennai - 600036.
Phone: +91 44 2257 4063